History of the Institute News Library The work of the sections Contacts Search by the keywords Back to the main page

The library of the Republic of Adygeia Institute for Research in the Humanities was founded in 1929, incorporating the collections of the Library of the Society for the Study of the Adygeia Autonomous Oblast.

The library's collections include publications by European travelers to the Caucasus, as well as local publications from the early Soviet period, such as the series, "Materials on the History of the Circassian Peoples"(1927)," and "Circassians," by N.Dubrobin.

Its holding also include an archive of sound recordings, among them songs and tales of Adygeia, Kabarda and Circassia.

The library has facilities for making photocopies and audio recordings.